The Richards Fund provides studentships or grants to assist with fieldwork for graduate students registered for a course of field research in the Division of Social Anthropology. The Division interprets this to be for PhD students (whether their first year of training was pre-field training or the MRes) embarking on field research in their second year of study.
Funding awarded is at the discretion of the Trustees.
How to Apply
1) The applicant should complete all details on the Richards Fund Application Form.
2) The applicant should complete all details including contact details of two referees (normally to include the supervisor if the applicant is a Graduate Student) and return the a hard copy of the signed printed form to the Richards Fund Administrator, Social Anthropology, Free School Lane, Cambridge, CB2 3RF, prior to the 2016 deadline: Friday 4 March 2016.
The applicant should also send an electronic copy of the form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Application details are then passed to the Head of Division for discussion at the next Trustees Committee Meeting.
4) Notification of award funding is made to the Fund Administrator responsible for administering this fund.
5) Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome. Successful applicants will be sent a Payments Preference Form: Richards Award which should be completed and returned. Payments can be made as a cheque or paid directly into the recipient's bank account.
Payment will be made according to the recipient’s preference.